Prince Harry Leaves the Army After 10 Years of Service





Prince Harry is hanging up his military uniform.



The youngest son of Prince Charles and the late Princess Diana has announced that he will be leaving the British Armed Forces after 10 years of loyal service.

In a statement released by the Kensington Palace, the royal says, “After a decade of service, moving on from the army has been a really tough decision.”

“I consider myself incredibly lucky to have had the chance to do some very challenging jobs and have met many fantastic people in the process,” Prince Harry, who is a captain, continues. “From learning the hard way to stay onside with my Colour Sergeant at Sandhurst, to the incredible people I served with during two tours in Afghanistan — the experiences I have had over the last 10 years will stay with me for the rest of my life. For that I will always be hugely grateful.”








“Inevitably most good things come to an end and I am at a crossroads in my military career,” he adds. “Luckily for me, I will continue to wear the uniform and mix with fellow servicemen and women for the rest of my life, helping where I can, and making sure the next few Invictus Games are as amazing as the last.”

The 30-year-old, who has qualified as an Apache Aircraft commander and served two tours in Afghanistan during his time in the army, will officially return to civilian life after he spends four weeks with the Australian Defense Force.

Prince Harry is fourth in line to the throne.